Businesses Christmas window competition
Published: 01 November 2023
Calling all Horsforth businesses!
Horsforth Town Council, along with Horsforth Town Team, is planning the Christmas lights switch-on event and this year it is going to be bigger and more exciting than ever!
The event is taking place on Saturday, 2 December with entertainment from local bands and musicians throughout the afternoon into the evening on a stage on The Green, a local maker’s market down Town Street and a Santa’s grotto.
However, WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Business window display competition
We are inviting businesses of Horsforth to decorate their windows for the festive season and to make it more fun, we are inviting the people of Horsforth to vote for their favourite display.
How to enter
• Decorate your window in a festive way.
• Display the voting QR code in your window (one will be delivered to you directly).You can also pick up a printed copy at the Town Council office at The Stables, 2 Church Road, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 5LG if you don't receive it soon.
• Shout about your window display on your social media platforms and to your mailing lists. (Image to share online is displayed below).
• Entries close on Tuesday, 29 November 2023.
The winning windows will then be announced at the Horsforth Light Switch-on event on Saturday, 2 December 2023.
Please note, the only data we ask to collect from voters is their email address. This is to help prevent duplicate entries. All email addresses will be deleted after the competition has closed.
We look forward to seeing all your Christmas window creations.
Terms and Conditions
1. Entry is free and available to all business windows in the LS18 postcode area.
2. Entry closes on Tuesday, 29 November 2023.
3. We ask that there is only one entry per person. Duplicate entries will be checked and any multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted as one entry.
4. The voting link can be found via this link
. The QR supplied links to this web address. There is also a link to the voting form from the Horsforth Town Council website. Alternatively, entrants can cast their vote by visiting or writing to the Town Council office The Stables, 2 Church Road, Horsforth, Leeds LS18.
5. Certificates will be awarded to the first three best business windows as voted for by the public.
6. The announcements of the winners will take place at the Christmas light switch-on event on Saturday, 2 December 2023.
7. The Town Council or Horsforth Town Team may take photographs on entering businesses and the winners display windows. The photographs may be used in promotional material, social media or in its newsletter.
8. The Town Council and Horsforth Town Team’s certificates may be displayed in the winning businesses’ premises for as long as they wish.
9. Under GDPR, the Town Council will hold and use the information the voters’ and competition entrants solely as part of this competition. For further information on GDPR, see the Town Council’s Privacy Statement on our website.