Working groups (also known as working parties) are formed by committees on an ad hoc basis, to look at single issues or topics that are important to the community. Being smaller in membership than full council, working groups allow a closer focus on the issue that is then fed back to committee or full council so that the Council can make effective decisions. Working groups are normally groups that exist for as long as a particular issue is being reviewed.
Currently we have the following working parties:
- Community Infrastructure Levy - reviewing avenues of spending for collected CIL monies.
- Editorial – focuses on the Horsforth Matters newsletter, the Community Directory downloadable document and review of the website.
- Neighbourhood Plan - review the agreed the agreed plan
- Premises Development Group - overseeing the purchase and adaption of the buildings for Council and community purposes.
- Remembrance Service Working Group - oversee the planning of the Remembrance Service
- Christmas Event Working Group - oversee the planning of the Christmas Light Switch on
- Annual Event Working Group - oversee the planning the Annual Event
- Council of Sanctuary Working Group - work towards becoming a Council of Sanctuary
The working groups below were disbanded in July 2022:
- Website working Group
- Climate Change Working Group
- Children’s Play Area Working Group
- Policies and Procedures Working Group
The Terms of Reference for the working groups are available below:
Editorial Working Group
Neighbourhood Plan Working Group
Premises Development Group
Community Infrastructure Levy Advisory Group
Event Working Groups
Council of Sanctuary Working Group
The current Working Group membership and External Group Representatives are available below: